Straight leg jeans are taking over again this season and our most asked question is “how do you style them?” Lucky for you, we’re here to help!
Straight leg jeans have a continuous, up-and-down cut from the waist to the hem of the pant leg. This jean design might have a slim fit or be baggy like a boyfriend cut or relaxed fit. They will typically hit at the ankle and some will roll the hemline while others prefer them to be cropped in length. Straight leg jeans can be low rise, mid rise, and high rise, which is the most popular style the past few seasons.
Tips for styling your straight leg jeans:
1. Add a blazer. For a relaxed yet chic style, wear your high rise straight leg jeans with an unstructured blazer over a fitted shirt. By giving the top of your ensemble some relaxed shape, the blazer counteracts the form-fitting top. Additionally, it lengthens your physique by forming a line. With the help of this stylistic element, you can transition your look from the workplace to a casual after-work event.
2. Dress them up. Pair your straight leg jeans with a bodysuit or fitted top and a pair of neutral pumps to give them a more sophisticated look. You can complete the outfit by adding on a longer coat or leather jacket.
3. Wear the right top. T-shirts, tank tops, blouses, and other tops can all be worn with straight leg jeans. They should always be styled with a top that draws attention to your waist. This can be achieved by tucking your shirt in or if you choose not to tuck your shirt, try a bodysuit or crop top.
4. Wear flattering shoes. Choose shoes that highlight the non tapered pant leg when wearing straight leg jeans. Sneakers make a terrific choice for casual wear, while loafers are a fashion forward option. If you want to try for an edgy look, try adding a pointed toe bootie.
5. Make your own rules. Wear whatever ensemble makes you feel good. There are no rules! You should always dress for yourself as fashion is a personal choice.